If you're a fan of Ford trucks, you might be curious about the history of the F-250 model. The F-250 is part of the Ford F-Series, which is a series of light-duty and heavy-duty trucks that have been in production since 1948. The F-250 was originally a 3/4-ton truck, but it became a heavy-duty truck in 1999 when Ford introduced the Super Duty line.
The Ford F-250 is one of the most popular and reliable trucks on the market today. It has a long and rich history that shows how Ford has been committed to delivering quality and innovation to its customers for over seven decades.
Our customer has a 2018 Ford F-250 super duty that he wanted to install LED ditch lights on. He built himself a pair of custom ditch light brackets, but he was having trouble purchasing a pair of quality LED ditch lights as he wanted the ditch lights to have a white housing, just like the rest of the truck. After hours of searching Amazon and Ebay for Ford LED ditch lights he finally stumbled upon our store and found what he needed.
Best Ford F-250 LED Ditch Lights
The best option for Ford Super Duty ditch lights are the Aurora 3" White LED light pods. These light pods are housed in a white housing that matches most white Ford Super Duty trucks.
Built to last, these Marine spreader lights comes with an IP69 rating which guarantees that the product is 100% sealed to foreign contaminants. Fueling these powerful LED marine spreader lights are four, 10-watt OSRAM LED's that can be equipped with either a spot or flood beam pattern.
- Flood Beam: Emits the LED light at 60 degrees which discharges a very wide beam to approximately 1,739 Feet.
- Spot Beam: Emits the LED light at 10 degrees which discharges a very narrow beam that projects further than the competitors at 2,297 feet.
Features of the Ford F-250 Ditch Lights
- Osram 10-watt LED Chips
- GE Lexan Lens - This Scratch and UV resistant lens is 300 times stronger than glass.
- High Quality 6063 Aluminum housing
- Deutsch Waterproof connector
- 316 Stainless Steel Screws
- IP69 Rated Housing
- Includes Deluxe Wiring Harness
- Outdoor Dupont painting coats the LED light bar housing, guaranteeing the housing will remain unchanged for 5 years.
- Military Breather - Allows this light bar to rapidly adjust to its surroundings to prevent unwanted moisture build up.
Ford Ditch Lights Specifications
- Amp Draw: 2.1 Amps Per light
- Dimensions: 3.2" x 3.3" x 3.0"
- Beam Type: Spot or Flood
- Lumens: 3,880 Lumens Combined
- Beam Distance: 1,739 Feet
- Ingress Rating: IP69
- LED Count: 4
- Overall Height When Mounted: 3.9 Inches
Dimensions of the Ford F-250 DItch Lights
What comes with the Ford Ditch Lights
- Two LED Pod Lights with Female Deutsch Connector
- 2 LED Pod Mounts
- Mounting Hardware
- One Deluxe Wiring Harness - The Aurora wiring harness consist of an on/off switch with LED indicator light, in-line fuse, 12v40A relay, and all the wiring you need for professional installation.
Ford Super Duty LED Light Wiring Harness
Included with this product is a full wiring harness which consist of the following:
- Light Switch: CE Compliant 3 Pin Rocker switch encompassed in a water-proof housing. A red power indicator light will illuminate when the light is on, which is bright enough to be seen during the day but dim enough so it will not cause a distraction when the light bar is powered on at night.
- Relay: 4 pin water resistant relay is rated for 12 volts and 40 amps. The relay also includes a heavy-duty mount allowing for multiple mounting locations.
- In-Line Fuse: Industry standard blade-type fuse encased in a water-resistant
Wire: Is wrapped in extra thick thermoplastic insulation. The terminal ends are soldered and insulated in heat shrink tubing to prevent contamination from foreign materials. A rugged PVC encases the wires for a very professional looking installation.
- Wiring Lengths: Aurora provides you with a total of 16 feet of wiring.
- From the relay, you will have eight feet of wiring to the LED Light bar, four feet of wiring to the on/off switch, and four feet of wiring to the battery.
- Deutsch Connectors: The Deutsch connector has a thermoplastic housing design that is sealed to the elements with its signature integrated latch. The integrated latch wedges the terminal pins together in order to create an impenetrable seal eliminating the likelihood of moisture intrusion.
Terminal Ends: To ensure a seamless connection to your vehicle’s battery, the positive and negative battery terminal cables are equipped with soldered ring terminals covered with heat shrink tubing.
Wiring your Ford F-250 LED Ditch Lights
Because all of our LED ditch lights come with its own wiring harness, installing these light pods can be done in a matter of hours.
- Simply connect one end of the harness to your battery to obtain power and ground.
- Route the Aurora light bar wires in a manner that will keep it from getting snagged.
- Mount the provided waterproof light bar switch that makes it easy to switch it on and off.
- Plug in the light pods and hit the switch.
- Before mowing, now would be a good time to properly aim the LED light pod.
Why buy these LED Ditch lights for your Ford Super Duty
Ditch lights offer extra illumination in the areas where your headlights and lights bars can't reach. These ford ditch lights can increase your side visibility when driving in areas where light is scarce. For example, back-country roads and off -road trails can be challenging at night, couple that with no streetlights or poor weather conditions and you have a great recipe for disaster. By installing LED ditch lights on your truck, you can eliminate or greatly reduce safety concerns during treacherous road conditions.
Ford F-250 Super Duty Ditch Lights Installed
Still have questions about which is the best LED ditch lights for your Ford Super Duty?
Feel free to reach out to us by any of the methods listed below:
Online Chat: Click the Chat button to be connected with a representative.