Our customer Tim is a Colorado native that now lives in Costa Rica. He is an avid outdoorsman who loves to ride his KTM adventure bike. Since moving to Costa Rica, he has been able to enjoy the tens of thousands of scenic trails that range from mountains to rain forest. Because he likes riding his KTM adventure bike he wanted to increase the duration of his nighttime rides, but to do that he needed to upgrade his adventure bikes LED lighting.
Best KTM Adventure Bike LED Light
The best bang for his buck was the Aurora 3-inch Pods kit. All Adventure & Enduro bike riders know that light mounting real estate is very limited so choosing the right KTM LED light is crucial. While Costa Rica has only 2 seasons, fog can easily present itself almost anywhere and very suddenly, so Tim went with the Aurora 3” Pod Kit Over Cast Edition.
The Aurora 3” Overcast Edition includes the standard 3” LED pods but also includes a set of amber covers that can be easily snapped on and off as needed. By purchasing this product for his KTM he was able to maximum the Adventures bike light mounting real estate and get a dual-purpose off-road light.
Benefits and Features of the KTM Adventure Bike Lighting
This kit contains two Aurora 3 Inch LED light cubes producing a total of 3,880 lumens. The IP69 guarantees the product is 100% sealed to foreign contaminants. Fueling these powerful LED lights are four, 10 watt Osram LED's that can be equipped with either a spot or flood beam pattern.
- Flood Beam: Emits the LED light at 60 degrees which discharges a very wide beam to approximately 1,739 Feet.
- Spot Beam: Emits the LED light at 10 degrees which discharges a very narrow beam that projects further than the competitors at 2,297 feet.
KTM Adventure Bike Led Light Kit Components
Included in this KTM LED light kit is the following:
- Two LED Pod Lights with Female Deutsch Connector
- Two Amber LED Light Covers
- Two Stainless Steel Mounts
- One Deluxe Wiring Harness - The Aurora wiring harness consist of an on/off switch with LED indicator light, in-line fuse, 12v40A relay, and all the wiring you need for professional installation.
Why buy this LED light kit for your KTM Adventure Bike
Let's face it, you are here for one of two reasons:
- You are not happy with the stock lighting, and you want to upgrade the lighting on your KTM Adventure bike.
- You are here because you wanted to see what light upgrade options are available for your KTM Adventure bike.
No matter your reason for reading this article, you have probably already searched the internet for Adventure bike LED light options and ended up with the same results. Light options that are close to $1000 or low-priced light options with questionable reviews from Amazon and eBay.
Aurora lights are not the cheapest, but they are nowhere near the most expensive, they are in the affordable range. And with that affordability comes a quality-built product that is backed by a Limited Lifetime warranty.
Other notable features include:
- Deutsch Waterproof Connector
- Military Breather to regulate moisture
- Sealed with 316 Stainless steel screws
- Beam Type: Spot or Flood
- Beam Distance of 2,297 feet
- Bright 3,880 Lumens
- Osram 10-watt LED Chips
- Low Amp Draw of 2.1 Amps per light
KTM Adventure Bike LED Light Wiring Harness
Included with this product is a full Aurora wiring harness which consist of the following:
- Light Switch: CE Compliant 3 Pin Rocker switch encompassed in a water-proof cover. A red power indicator light will illuminate when the light is on, which is bright enough to be seen during the day, but dim enough so it will not cause a distraction when the light bar is powered on on at night.
- Relay: 4 pin water resistant relay is rated for 12 volts and 40 amps. The relay also includes a heavy-duty mount allowing for multiple mounting locations.
- In-Line Fuse: Industry standard blade-type fuse encased in a water-resistant housing.
- Wire: Consists of tinned copper wrapped in thermoplastic insulation. The terminal ends are soldered and insulated in heat shrink tubing to prevent contamination from foreign materials. A rugged PVC encases the wires for a very professional looking installation.
- Wiring Lengths: Aurora provides you with a total of 16 feet of wiring.
- From the relay, you will have eight feet of wiring to the LED Light bar, four feet of wiring to the on/off switch, and four feet of wiring to the battery.
- Deutsch Connectors: The Deutsch connector has a thermoplastic housing design that is sealed to the elements with its signature integrated latch. The integrated latch wedges the terminal pins together in order to create an impenetrable seal eliminating the likelihood of moisture intrusion.
- Terminal Ends: To ensure a seamless connection to your vehicle’s battery, the positive and negative battery terminal cables are equipped with soldered ring terminals covered with heat shrink tubing.
LED Light Installed on a KTM Adventure Bike
Still have questions about which is the best LED lights for your KTM Adventure Bike?
Feel free to reach out to us by any of the methods listed below:
Online Chat: Click the Chat button to be connected with a representative.