If you're into boats, you probably know about Boston Whaler. They're the ones who make those cool foam-filled fiberglass boats that can't sink, even if you cut them in half! But do you know how they got started? Here's a short history of Boston Whaler for you.
Boston Whaler was founded in 1958 by Richard T. Fisher and C. Raymond Hunt, two avid boaters who wanted to create a safer and more durable boat that could handle the rough waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Fisher’s first product was a 13-foot boat that he called “The Cox’n”, later renamed the “Standard” model. It had a unique hull design inspired by the Hickman Sea Sled, which featured a cathedral shape with a center nacelle and two outer runners. Hunt helped Fisher refine the design and add a third runner in the middle to improve stability and handling.
But the most innovative feature of the boat was its construction method: Fisher filled the space between the fiberglass skins with polyurethane foam, which made the boat extremely buoyant and resistant to damage. He famously demonstrated this by sawing a boat in half and showing that both halves could still float and carry passengers. This earned Boston Whaler the reputation of being “the unsinkable legend”.
Boston Whaler soon expanded its product line to include larger models, such as the 16-foot Nauset and the 19-foot Eastport, as well as different styles, such as the Sport, the Montauk, and the Outrage. The company also developed a loyal customer base among fishermen, recreational boaters, and even military and law enforcement agencies, who appreciated the reliability, versatility, and performance of Boston Whaler boats.
Today, Boston Whaler is still one of the leading boat manufacturers in the world, offering a wide range of models from 11 to 42 feet in length. The company is now owned by Brunswick Corporation and operates from a state-of-the-art facility in Edgewater, Florida. Boston Whaler continues to innovate and improve its products, while staying true to its core values of quality, safety, and fun.
Our customer bought into the Boston Whaler ideology and purchased himself the Dauntless model. The model fit his needs perfectly but as an avid fisherman, he has the tendency to leave in the early hours of the morning. Traveling in pitch black is no fun and unsafe so our customer came to us for ultra bright Boston Whaler LED lights.
Best Boston Whaler Marine Lights
The best boat light bar you can put on your Boston Whaler is the Aurora 20" Marine Curved Boat light bar. This boat light bar pushes out 17,120 lumens and comes equipped with a combination beam pattern.
The combination beam pattern utilizes a strategic blend of spot and flood optics to give you a beam that goes both far and wide.
Features of the Boston Whaler Boat Light Bar
- Osram 5-watt LED Chips
- GE Lexan Lens - This Scratch and UV resistant lens is 300 times stronger than glass.
- High Quality 6063 Aluminum housing
- Deutsch Waterproof connector
- 316 Stainless Steel Screws
- IP69 Rated Housing
- Includes Deluxe Wiring Harness
- Outdoor Dupont painting coats the LED light bar housing, guaranteeing the housing will remain unchanged for 5 years.
- Military Breather - Allows this light bar to rapidly adjust to its surroundings to prevent unwanted moisture build up.
Boston Whaler Light Bar Specifications
- Amp Draw: 7.3 Amps
- Dimensions: 21.5" x 3.5" x 3.3"
- Beam Type: Combination
- Lumens: 17,120 Lumens Combined
- Beam Distance: 3,478 Feet
- Ingress Rating: IP69
- LED Count: 20
- Overall Height When Mounted: 4.2 Inches
What comes with the Boston Whaler Boat Light Bar
- One 20" Marine Curve Light Bar with Female Deutsch Connector
- Two Aluminum Mounts
- One Deluxe Wiring Harness - The Aurora wiring harness consist of an on/off switch with LED indicator light, in-line fuse, 12v40A relay, and all the wiring you need for professional installation.
Boston Whaler Boat Light Bar Mounts
Mounting a Light Bar on a Boston Whaler
Because the unique set-up of this Boston whaler we were able to mount the light bar using Auroras Tube Mounts. Depending on the size of the tubular mounting surface you can get the mounts in marine white.
Boat Light Bar Wiring Harness
Included with this product is a full wiring harness which consist of the following:
- Light Switch: CE Compliant 3 Pin Rocker switch encompassed in a water-proof housing. A red power indicator light will illuminate when the light is on, which is bright enough to be seen during the day but dim enough so it will not cause a distraction when the light bar is powered on at night.
- Relay: 4 pin water resistant relay is rated for 12 volts and 40 amps. The relay also includes a heavy-duty mount allowing for multiple mounting locations.
- In-Line Fuse: Industry standard blade-type fuse encased in a water-resistant
Wire: Is wrapped in extra thick thermoplastic insulation. The terminal ends are soldered and insulated in heat shrink tubing to prevent contamination from foreign materials. A rugged PVC encases the wires for a very professional looking installation.
- Wiring Lengths: Aurora provides you with a total of 16 feet of wiring.
- From the relay, you will have eight feet of wiring to the LED Light bar, four feet of wiring to the on/off switch, and four feet of wiring to the battery.
- Deutsch Connectors: The Deutsch connector has a thermoplastic housing design that is sealed to the elements with its signature integrated latch. The integrated latch wedges the terminal pins together in order to create an impenetrable seal eliminating the likelihood of moisture intrusion.
Terminal Ends: To ensure a seamless connection to your vehicle’s battery, the positive and negative battery terminal cables are equipped with soldered ring terminals covered with heat shrink tubing.
Why buy this Boat Light bar for your Boston Whaler
Boat lights help you see and be seen in the dark. You don't want to collide with other boats, rocks, or obstacles when you're cruising at night. Boat lights also signal your position and direction to other boaters, so they can avoid you or communicate with you.
As you can see, boat lights are not just a necessity, but also a way to express yourself and enjoy your boating experience more. So don't hesitate to purchase this boat light bar and see the difference they make!
Boston Whaler Marine Light Bar Installed
Still have questions about which is the best LED lights for your Boston Whaler turn?
Feel free to reach out to us by any of the methods listed below:
Online Chat: Click the Chat button to be connected with a representative.