Want to add Off Road LED lights to your Ford Super Duty but don't want to change the look of your front end? Then this article will walk you through a fairly simple process that will allow you to add Off Road lights to your Ford Truck. A customer of ours completed this install and stated it can be done in under 3 hours.
Best Ford Super Duty LED Lights
You will need to purchase the either the Aurora 6 Inch NSSR series with a white beam or the Aurora 6 Inch NSSR series amber edition. Both of these lights are the same except for the color of the beam pattern.
While other cheap LED light bars and high end led light bars are assembled using six pieces, the American engineers were able to reduce the total number of components by 50% which simultaneously reduced the manufacturing cost. The final result is a slim LED light bar offered at a lower and more affordable retail price that anyone can afford.
These light bars utilize a combination beam pattern that produces light in a far and wide beam pattern. The patented, IP68 rated one piece design housing is constructed of high quality 6063 aluminum and then mated with UV & Scratch resistant GE Lexan lens.
Features of the Ford Super Duty Light Bar
- Powerful OSRAM LED Chips
- Super Slim Design makes it only 1.8 Inches thick
- Durable 6063 Aluminum housing
- Includes Stainless Steel Anti-theft hardware
- Includes Full Wiring harness to make installation easier
- Rugged UV Resistant GE Lexan Lens
- Equipped with Aurora's Patented Military breather to prevent moisture build up.
- Waterproof Deutsch connector grants you a solid connection every time
- Stainless steel anti-theft screws protect your investment.
Ford Super Duty Light Bar Specifications
- Powerful Lumen Output
- 3,648 Lumens (White Beam)
- 1,400 Lumens (Amber Beam)
- Combination Beam Pattern
- IP69 Ingress Rating
- Operating Voltage: 6-32V DC
- Amp Draw of 1.7 Amps
- Works on 12-Volt or 24-Volt System
- Overall Height when Mounted is 2.4 Inches
- Overall length when mounted 8 Inches
Ford Super Duty Light Bar Dimensions
Ford Super Duty LED Light Bar Kit Contents
- One Aurora 6" NSSR Series Light Bar with Female Deutsch Connector
- One Deluxe Wiring Harness that consist of an on/off switch with LED indicator light, in-line fuse, 12v40A relay, and all the wiring you need for professional installation.
- Black Powdered coated mounts
- Stainless Steel Anti-Theft Hardware
Ford Super Duty Light Bar Wiring Harness
Included with this product is a full wiring harness which consist of the following:
- Light Switch: CE Compliant 3 Pin Rocker switch encompassed in a water-proof housing. A red power indicator light will illuminate when the light is on, which is bright enough to be seen during the day but dim enough so it will not cause a distraction when the light bar is powered on at night.
- Relay: 4 pin water resistant relay is rated for 12 volts and 40 amps. The relay also includes a heavy-duty mount allowing for multiple mounting locations.
- In-Line Fuse: Industry standard blade-type fuse encased in a water-resistant
Wire: Is wrapped in extra thick thermoplastic insulation. The terminal ends are soldered and insulated in heat shrink tubing to prevent contamination from foreign materials. A rugged PVC encases the wires for a very professional looking installation.
- Wiring Lengths: Aurora provides you with a total of 16 feet of wiring.
- From the relay, you will have eight feet of wiring to the LED Light bar, four feet of wiring to the on/off switch, and four feet of wiring to the battery.
- Deutsch Connectors: The Deutsch connector has a thermoplastic housing design that is sealed to the elements with its signature integrated latch. The integrated latch wedges the terminal pins together in order to create an impenetrable seal eliminating the likelihood of moisture intrusion.
Terminal Ends: To ensure a seamless connection to your vehicle’s battery, the positive and negative battery terminal cables are equipped with soldered ring terminals covered with heat shrink tubing.
Ford Super Duty LED Grille Lights Installation
First you will need to remove the grille and place it on a work bench.
Out of the box the light will sit to high so you will need to drill new mounting holes into the provided Aurora NSSR light brackets.
Assemble the light and dry fit the lights into the grille mounting location and mark where the mounting holes will be. Do this for both sides of the grille.
- Drill mounting holes into the grille.
- Disassemble the light from the mounts.
- Install light bar brackets onto the grille first.
- Install light bar onto brackets that are already installed on the grille.
Reinstall the grille onto the vehicle.
Wiring Ford Super Duty Grille Lights
There are two ways to correctly wire these lights to your Ford Super Duty.
- Wire the lights to your Ford's Upfitter switches
- Use the provided wiring harness. You can also purchase an Aurora 2 Way splitter to make wiring easier.
Ford Super Duty Grille Lights Installed
Need more lights for your Ford Super Duty?
Feel free to reach out to us by any of the methods listed below:
Online Chat: Click the Chat button to be connected with a representative.