The Yamaha Viking is a proven off-road machine that is known for its real-world off-road capability, plush comfortable cabin, and hard-working reliability. This affordable UTV is popular among ranchers which is why proper nighttime lighting is crucial for maximizing the potential of your Yamaha Viking.
Yamaha Viking light bar
To get the best bang for his buck our customer went with an Aurora 40 Inch NSSR series light bar for his Yamaha Viking.
The Aurora NSSR 40 Inch LED light bar utilizes a combination beam pattern that produces 24,320 lumens. The patented, IP69 rated one piece design housing is constructed of high quality 6063 aluminum and then mated with an UV & Scratch resistant GE Lexan lens.
Features of Yamaha Viking light bar
- GE Lexan Lens - This Scratch and UV resistant lens is 300 times stronger than glass
- Deutsch Waterproof connector
- Outdoor Dupont painting coats the LED light bar housing, guaranteeing the housing will remain unchanged for 5 years.
- Military Breather - Allows this light bar to rapidly adjust to its surroundings to prevent unwanted moisture build up.
- Ultra-Bright 24,320 Lumens
- Beam Distance of 3,993 feet
- Osram 5-watt LED Chips
- Beam Type: Combination Beam (Spot & Flood)
- Low Amp Draw of 9.8 Amps
Yamaha Viking light bar Dimensions
What comes with the Yamaha Viking off road light bar
Included in this kit will be everything you need to install this light bar to your Yamaha Viking. This includes stainless steel mounting hardware and anti-theft bolts to protect your investment.
Also included is a full wiring harness that consist of an inline waterproof fuse, 12V relay, waterproof deutsch connectors and all the wiring you need for a professional installation.
Yamaha Viking light bar wiring harness
Wiring the new Aurora off road light bar to the Yamaha Viking was simple because all of our products include the appropriate wiring harness.
This wiring harness consist of an
- Inline waterproof fuse
- 12V relay
- Waterproof deutsch connectors
- Waterproof Switch
Why buy this Yamaha Viking light bar
Most light bars feature exterior stainless steel screws that go around the face of the light bar which means they have the tendency to make the light bar "Pop" and stand out.
The NSSR features a "Screw-less" design which means there is no stainless screws surrounding the face of the light bar. This design allows the light bar to blend seamlessly with the overall look of your Yamaha Viking.
Wiring your Yamaha Viking Light bar
Because all of our off road LED light bars come with its own wiring harness, installing this light bar can be done in a matter of hours.
- Simply connect one end of the harness to your battery to obtain power and ground
- Route the Aurora light bar wires in a manner that will keep it from getting snagged.
- Mount the provided waterproof light bar switch that makes it easy to switch it on and off.
- Plug in the light bar and hit the switch
- Before hitting the trails, now would be a good time to properly aim the light bar.
Yamaha Viking light bar installation
While there are numerous ways to mount the light bar to your Yamaha Viking this is how our customer mounted his light bar to his roof.
To mount the light bar our customer utilized the included light bar mounts but also purchased a set of Clamp mounts to increase the stability of the light bar. Here are the steps for installation. Its always a good idea to confirm the size of that round bar as some customers have stated that their roll bar is 1.5 inch. If it is 1.5 inch you will need to purchase these Yamaha 1.5 inch mounts.
- Measure round bars inside of Viking to get the outside diameter then purchase the appropriate size Clamp mount
- Place the light bar on the roof (exterior) of the Viking to confirm the final mounting location.
- Drilled two holes in the roof for the two mounting bolts.
- Installed the light bar clamp mounts on the inside of the UTV.
- Aligned the Clamp mounts to pre-drilled holes in the roof
- Inserted the mounting bolts from the roof side into the light bar mounts, through the roof and then through the clamp mount.
- Tighten bolts
After that is done, go grab a drink and wait until nightfall. When the sun is down find a good spot to aim the light bar and make sure the beam is hitting exactly where you want it. Then re-tighten the bolts and go hit the trails.
Still have questions about which is the best Off road lights for your Yamaha Viking?
Feel free to reach out to us by any of the methods listed below:
Online Chat: Click the Chat button to be connected with a representative.